Summer may have come to an end, but a beach vacation can still help you relax and rejuvenate your spirit! The "off-season" is a perfect time of year to plan a beach getaway with friends or family, especially in North Carolina. The weather has cooled off and the crowds have died down, leaving only the peace and tranquility that an oceanfront view evokes. It's also a great time to find vacation packages and deals on rentals that won't break the bank.
Top 5 North Carolina beach vacation destinations:
1) Bald Head Island - This distinctive North Carolina island is a hidden treasure waiting to be discovered. Between the rich wildlife, quaint maritime shops, and fourteen miles of white sandy beaches, you're sure to feel miles away from the ordinary. Rich in history, the island also boasts the state's oldest lighthouse, Old Baldy, which provides an awe-inspiring view of the land to those who venture to the top. Cars are not permitted on this island, so the hustle and bustle of everyday life seems to disappear. Transportation by golf cart is both enjoyable and hassle-free. Bald Head is the perfect place to de-stress and reconnect with your roots.
2) The Outer Banks - This North Carolina beach vacation destination is both picturesque and affordable, especially at this time of year. Famous for its history and the East Coast's tallest sand dunes, here you can tour the location where the Wright Brothers built and flew the world's first airplane. Unique shops and restaurants provide an escape when you're not lounging by the ocean.
3) Wrightsville Beach - Another great place to enjoy all the mighty Atlantic Ocean has to offer is Wrightsville Beach, NC. This vacation spot has a laid-back island charm and attitude that seems to be contagious. Countless attractions are just minutes away in downtown Wilmington. With Interstate 40 leading directly into town, Wrightsville Beach is also the most accessible beach in North Carolina.
4) Sunset Beach - This barrier island is located in the southernmost part of North Carolina. Though only 3 miles long, there is plenty to do in this quiet and serene beach town, including shopping, dining and golf. Sunset Beach is perfect for family beach vacations.
5) Carolina Beach - There is always plenty to do in this family-oriented beach town, including live music festivals, fireworks displays, and a seaside amusement park. Other entertainment options in Carolina Beach include a state aquarium, state park, and plenty of shops to explore!
Whether you're looking for rest and relaxation or non-stop entertainment and activity, these beaches are for you. Plan your fall vacation to coastal North Carolina and let the fun begin!
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Kasey_Huller